Policy and Advocacy officer on Short consultancy (6 Months)
ABOUT WACI HealthWACI Health is an Africa regional advocacy organization, which influences political priorities through an effective, evidence driven Pan-African civil society voice and action. We are champions for health striving to ensure equitable access to health care for all in Africa. Our strategic approach, as outlined in our strategic plan (2016-2021), include three core strategies: policy and advocacy; civil society capacity strengthening for advocacy; and civil society engagement in key decision making processes. Our theory of change is dynamic and interactive, with our three core strategies working together to impact three areas of global health work: (1) increased resources for health; (2) policies that improve health and achieve equity in health; (3) accountability in health governance and delivery.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOBAs part of a small dynamic team, the Policy and Advocacy officer
roles will include:
- Development and execution of WACI Health advocacy priorities on PHC/UHC, child Health, SRHR and Women’s HIV prevention.
- Draft updates and analysis of key policy developments on PHC/UHC, child Health, SRHR, Women’s HIV prevention and other WACI Health priority issues as assigned.
- Provide content for key communications on PHC, child Health, SRHR, Women’s HIV prevention and other WACI Health priority issues.
- Coordinate with WACI Health partners for joint policy and advocacy work as well as represent WACI Health to high profile policymakers, practitioners, think-tanks, academic partners, the media and the public.
- Lead / support advocacy activities for women’s HIV prevention and SRHR.
- Documentation of WACI Health project reports with details of project activities and outcomes and impact stories.
- Provide content for key communications materials eg social media content for Facebook, twitter, newsletters, blogs etc
- Support the implementation of Youth mentorship activities at WACI Health.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATIONRequired:
A BA degree in a field of study relevant to the technical area (communications, Journalism, global or public health).
Master’s Degree in a field of study relevant to the technical area (global or public health, public policy, international relations, communications, journalism).
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPEREINCE
- More than 6 years of relevant and related experience for candidates with a BA.
- More than 4 years of experience for candidates with an MA.
- At least 5 years’ experience in leading policy analysis and advocacy strategies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSStrong knowledge of global health issues.
- Previous experience working on universal health coverage and primary health care strongly desired.
- Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills in English.
- Effective use of social media and preparing print publications to promote global health projects required.
- Team player with resourcefulness and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with event and meeting planning and facilitation.
- Superb organizational, research and analytic skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Great at interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
APPLICATION DEADLINETo apply, send your CV and cover letter by 28 th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.